- How do you control your RA pain without medications?
- Most people with RA NEED prescription medications, but these recommendation below are great ways to help manage pain, too!
- (This is absolutely NOT advising you to stop your treatments.)
- First and foremost, tell your medical team about your pain. It may need a more extensive work-up, a different type of treatment, or even an alternative approach altogether.
- Control your mindset. This pain is a circumstance that you cannot control. Stay in a good headspace and do not give up your power.
- Be mindful and meditate! The impact of this on your mindset are incredible!
- Continue to do things you love— Hobbies are a great way to occupy our mind and feel achievements. Maybe you can’t play a whole round of golf today, but you can probably hit the driving range for a few balls, right?
- Eat your veggies! Your mother was right! Vegetables are very good for you! Diet plays such an important role in managing inflammation. I cannot stress this one enough!
- Celebrate any achievements, especially on challenging days. You got the new, child-proof Acetaminophen packaging open today? WIN!
- Use tools to help. Grabbers, reachers, grippers… Use them! This is why they were invented!
- Lift with your knees! The last thing you want to do is hurt your back and add to any joint pain you’re already experiencing.
- Use heat, ice, and massage and alternative approaches to pain management.
- Try some OTC topical treatments. Sometimes these are really game changers! Voltaren, Lidocaine, menthol, Pennsaid…. Affordable and easily accessible. What’s the risk?
- Stay active! Do something every day to get moving.
- Don’t smoke. We all already know this one, right? If you need help quitting, talk to your medical team. There are many MANY options available now.
Have questions about medications? Don’t worry… this is in a newsletter to come! Stay tuned!
Have specific questions? E-mail me! I’m happy to help.
Are you ready for more pain-free days?
To try something else, that has worked for so many others?
Would you like a detailed review of your medical records and a fresh set of eyes making recommendations?
There is so much HOPE for you!
Schedule a free consultation with me today!