Common RA myths include:
- RA is a disease of aging.
- MYTH! Anyone can get RA at any age. Hormone changes are often a trigger including puberty, pregnancy, and menopause.
- Exercise makes joint pain worse.
- MYTH! Staying active is the best thing you can do for your joints!
- I have to stop eating all bread and all sugar to improve my joint pain.
- MYTH! Although diet is imperative to managing inflammation in auto-immunity and everyone is different!
- RA affects only my joints.
- MYTH! This is a systemic disease. This means that it affects other organs as well as your joints.
- There is no emotional component to RA.
- MYTH! You are NOT alone! This disease affects every one of our relationships, our jobs, children, and day-to-day moods.
- I have tried everything. There are no other treatment options.
- MYTH! There is so much more to be learned and tried with RA!
- I should stick with what I am doing for longer, even though it is not working.
- MYTH! If what you’re doing is not working, and it’s been 3-12 months, it’s time for a change!
Are you ready for that change? To take the next step? To try something else, that has worked for so many others?
There is so much more available for you!
Schedule a free consultation with me today!